- To spread the knowledge on the approach, principles, practices, techniques and methods regarding personnel management, industrial relations, labor and social welfare and industrial jurisprudence in all their bearings.
- To serve as a forum of exchange of ideas and experiences and collection and dissemination of information on management in general and personnel management, industrial relations, human resource development and labor& social welfare in particular.
- To sponsor , promote, encourage, conduct and contribute to the study and research and impart instructions in any subject touching any or all aspects of personnel management, industrial relations, labor and social welfare, industrial legislation and industrial jurisprudence, including their , sociological, political and economic background and context.
- To promote and safeguard the status and the interests of personnel management , industrial relations and labor welfare at work places and the interests of those engaged therein.
- To represent the institute and its interests before local, State and Central authorities and other organizations, commissions, boards, enquiry bodies etc., in India and abroad.